Version 1: Basic Site
In this bare-bones version, I learned the basics of HTML/CSS and navigating GitHub
Version 2: Adding Projects
In the second iteration, I added all my project images/documentation and worked more on styling the text.
Version 3: Responsiveness
Version 4: Styling the site
With helpful input from friends, I added a hero image and changed up the fonts to make the site more interesting and the project descriptions more readable (different font for section headers vs. text paragraphs)
Version 5: Enhancing User Flow
I received a lot of helpful feedback, one of which was the fact it's hard to navigate from one project to another without always going back to the main section page. I then incorporated a "More Projects" section at the bottom of each project to enhance the user flow and get rid of the "now what do I do" feeling.
I am starting to delve deeper into the UI/UX field, and I'm so excited to explore even more. I've spoken with a few web engineers during my internship at Cogo Labs to ask for feedback and advice on moving forward. I will be learning React next and working more closely with developers… we'll see what happens!